Standard Competition Terms and Conditions
Win with Apsley
1) Apsley Tailors is the promoter of each competition and save as set out in the specific competition terms and conditions, each competition is run solely by Apsley Tailors and without any material involvement by any other partner, subsidiaries and/or associated companies.
2) The entry route for each competition is set out in the specific terms and conditions.
3) Information on how to enter and on the prize forms part of the specific competition conditions.
4) Entry to all competitions is open in the UK to those aged 18 years or over and is not open to employees or relatives of Apsley Tailors or any competition partners. Any entries received from any of the same will be deemed invalid.
5) Entries must be strictly in accordance with these and the specific competition terms and conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these will be deemed invalid and no prize will be awarded in respect of such entry. By entering, all entrants will be deemed to accept theterms and conditions.
6) All prizes are non-transferrable without the promoter’s consent and no cash alternative will be offered. All entrants will be contacted via the method used for entry.All entries are free.
7) All winners will be picked at random. Details of the winners can be requested after the specific closing date from the address below.
8) The winner will be responsible for their own transport to and from the showroom or prize location. Apsley Tailors will not cover any accommodation or transport fees for the winner to collect their prize.
9) Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or for electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered. Any such entries will be deemed void.
10) Each winner shall have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize once initial contact has been made. The prize must then be collected within 60 days of the competition closing date. Failure to respond may result in forfeiture of the prize.
11) On entering an Apsley competition, you are allowing Apsley Tailors to contact you with information about products and services they believe might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any marketing information, you can opt out by unsubscribing from our mailing list.
12) Apsley Tailors reserves the right to withdraw or amend each promotion as necessary due to circumstances outside its reasonable control. Apsley Tailors’ decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) Apsley Tailors (or any third party nominated by Apsley Tailors) may use each winner's name and image and their comments relating to the prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, without notice or without any fee being paid.
14) Neither Apsley Tailors nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) for:
(i) any loss, damage or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with any promotion and/or the prize, resulting from any cause whatsoever;
(ii) for any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever.
15) Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, by entering this competition entrants agree and acknowledge that they shall hold harmless any competition partner from any cause of action or loss of any kind arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the competition (save in respect of any liability, cause of action or loss which may not be excluded or limited by law) and entrants irrevocably covenant not to bring or threaten any cause of action or complaint of any nature against any competition partner which arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the competition.
17) This competition shall be governed by English law.
18) Promoter: Apsley Tailors, 2 Mill Street, London, W1S 2AT.
Shirt Voucher Terms & Conditions
1. The voucher entitles the bearer to receive one complimentary bespoke shirt, which is to be redeemed before the date shown on the voucher.
2. This voucher can only be redeemed in the London Mill Street Studio.
3. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
4. The bearer of this voucher must present this voucher at the start of the sales appointment at the London showroom.
5. Voucher can be used only once within the validity dates and must be surrendered to the store once claimed. One voucher per customer only.
6. This voucher is non transferrable and has no cash value.
7. Apsley Tailors reserves the right to change these terms and conditions or withdraw this promotion at any time on reasonable notice.
8. No responsibility is accepted for any voucher that is defaced, illegible, lost or unable to be submitted due to any technical or other reason.
9. Apsley Tailors reserves the right to decline to accept this voucher, in its reasonable opinion, a voucher is invalid for the order being placed or is the subject to fraudulent activity.
10. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Terms & Conditions of Goods Sold
1.1 In these Conditions:
“Seller” means Apsley Tailors Ltd (registered in England under number 04923759).
“Buyer” means the person who accepts an order from the Seller for the sale of the Goods, in store, over the phone
“Goods” means the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them), which the Seller is to supply in accordance with these Conditions and any goods supplied in substitution for or in replacement of or in addition to such goods
“Conditions” means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and (unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Seller.
“Contract” means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods.
“Writing” includes letter, cable, facsimile transmission, email and comparable means of communication.
1.2 Any reference in these Conditions to any provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended, re-enacted or extended at the relevant time.
1.3 The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
2. Basis of the sale
2.1 The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any written order of the Seller, which is accepted by the Buyer. Payment for an order is the buyer’s acceptable of the order.
2.2 No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in Writing between the authorised representatives of the Buyer and the Seller.
2.3 The Seller’s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by the Seller in Writing. In entering into the Contract, the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any claim for breach of, any such representations that are not so confirmed.
2.4 Any advice or recommendation given by the Seller or its employees or agents to the Buyer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in Writing by the Seller is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyer’s own risk, and accordingly the Seller shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
2.5 Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller
3. Orders and specifications
3.1 No order submitted by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Seller unless and until confirmed by the Seller’s authorised representative.
3.2 The quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the Seller’s order.
3.3 No order which has been accepted by the Seller may be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in Writing of the Seller and the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit) costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result of any cancellation.
4. Warranties and liability
4.1 The Seller agrees to provide a free three month alteration service on goods purchased by the Buyer from the date of delivery. However, the Seller has the right to refuse if the required alterations are beyond reasonable.
4.2 Subject to the conditions set out below the Seller warrants that the Goods will correspond with their specification subject to such tolerances as are reasonable and as are normally accepted in the trade and will be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of delivery.
4.3 The above warranty is given by the Seller subject to the following conditions:
4.3.1 the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from any drawing, design or specification agreed or supplied by the Buyer:
4.3.2 the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Seller’s instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alternation or repair of the Goods without the Seller’s approval.
4.3.3 the Seller shall be under no liability under the above warranty (or any other warranty, condition or guarantee) if the total price for the Goods has not been paid by the due date for payment.
4.3.4 the above warranty does not extend to Goods not manufactured by the Seller, in respect of which the Buyer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer to the Seller.
4.4 Any claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Buyer) be notified to the Seller within 30 days from the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused, and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure, and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered In accordance with the Contract.
4.5 Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to the Seller in accordance with these Conditions the Seller shall be entitled to amend, repair or replace the Goods.
4.6 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Seller’s negligence, the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise) costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever(and whether caused by the negligence of the Seller, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or resale by the Buyer, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
4.7 The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Seller’s obligations in relation to the Goods if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Seller’s reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond the Seller’s reasonable control:
4.7.1 Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident;
4.7.2 war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, or requisition;
4.7.3 acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority;
4.7.4 import or export regulations or embargoes;
4.7.5 strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Seller or of a third party);
4.7.6 difficulties in obtaining raw materials labour, fuel, parts or machinery;
4.7.7 power failure or breakdown in machinery.
5. Delivery & Collection of Goods
5.1 The Seller will provide an accurate timescale for the delivery of the Goods but will not be held liability by the Buyer if it is unable to deliver within a reasonable timeframe.
5.2 The Buyer must collect their Goods within three month’s of the Goods being ready, or the Seller has the right to dispose, use or resale the Goods.